Saturday, March 24, 2012

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."-Romans 8:18

Trials really are blessings in disguise. I may not be grateful for my trials while I am going through them- though I know they are for good and I persevere- but I sure am grateful for them afterwards. I am so thankful that God didn't leave me where I was. I am most thankful that He led me to His Son, Jesus, so that I could be saved and not go to hell. But I am also thankful that He didn't stop there... He led me through various trials, that have made me a better person and brought me so much joy! Doing things God's way and having a good relationship with Him makes me happy! Were the trials painful? Oh my soul, yes! But they were necessary to get rid of sin in my life and bring me closer to my God so I can be happy! Another result is to bring glory to God, which also makes me happy! I'm not trying to sound conceited here. In fact, it's just the opposite. I am seriously in awe, and it makes me cry, to think that God loves me so much to bring me through these trials so that I can be included in bringing Him glory. Whoever thinks that God is conceited in wanting glory for Himself is totally missing it. I mean HELLO, He created us! He didn't have to. He doesn't need us. Really, He doesn't. So get over yourself and realize that God is giving you the opportunity to be part of something awesome. Think about Adam and Eve. Were they given anything but pleasure? It's our fault that we have to go through trials but we should be grateful that God is bringing us through them and that He didn't just leave us on our own to reap the consequences of our sin. A good father doesn't do that, even though it may be what we deserve. And God is the greatest Father ever! He loves us and wants to bless us. Trials are the paths we have to cross in order to get back to the paradise we lost.

“Philosophy may instruct men to be calm under their troubles; but Christianity teaches them to be joyful, because such exercises proceed from love and not fury in God.” -Matthew Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment